- Prefresh Complete CS is a highly fortified complete feed for dry cows that are within 3 weeks of calving. Medicated with Rumensin for increased milk production efficiency.
A withdrawal time has not been established for pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. Do not allow horses or other equines access to formulations containing Monensin. Ingestion of Monensin by equines has been fatal. Monensin-medicated cattle feed is safe for use in cattle only. Consumption by unapproved species may result in toxic reactions. Feeding undiluted or mixing errors resulting in high concentrations of Monensin has been fatal in cattle. If feed refusals containing Monensin are fed to other groups of cattle, the concentration of Monensin in the refusal, and the amount of refusal should be taken into consideration to prevent Monensin overdosing. Must be thoroughly mixed in feeds before use. Do not exceed the levels of Monensin recommended in the feeding directions, as reduced average daily gains may result.
- Begin feeding at least 3 weeks before calving. Feed 12 pounds per head per day to provide 22 grams of Monensin per ton of total diet dry matter.
Features and Benefits
- Highly palatable, all-vegetable protein complete feed promotes palatability and feed intake.
- Contains multiple carbohydrate and protein sources balanced to promote rumen fermentation and rumen papillai growth while protecting against rumen acidosis.
- Fortified with high levels of trace minerals and vitamins.
- Fortified with Diamond V XP yeast, niacin, and 4-Plex. Yeast culture provides “nutrilites” which aids in the growth of rumen bacteria and enhances rumen fermentation. Niacin is necessary for proper carbohydrate metabolism and aids in the prevention of ketosis. 4-Plex is a highly available source of zinc, manganese, copper and cobalt.
- Contains molasses for enhanced palatability that leads to increased feed intake.
- High level of vitamin E (3,000 IU’s) to enhance immune function and animal health.
- 100% of selenium (4.3 mg) provided by Selenium Yeast (Sel-Plex). Selenium yeast is the most bio-available source of selenium and is the only selenium source that is stored in body tissues. Proper selenium status enhances immune function and animal health.