A high-fat, low-starch, low-sugar feed formulated for young growing horses, pregnant and lactating mares.
Features and Benefits
- No corn formula to keep sugar and starch levels low.
- Lower Non-Structural Carbohydrate (NSC=sugar+starch) content reduces insulin response. Elevated insulin levels can inhibit hormones important to normal bone development and contribute to developmental orthopedic disease.
- Prevent “Fetal Programming” – feeding high NSC diet to pregnant mares may increase the likelihood of her foal developing insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome.
- Higher fat, highly digestible fiber and lower sugar and starch for calmer horses and improved gut health.
- Essential amino acids for growth and muscle maintenance.
- Essential organic minerals support normal bone and tissue growth.
- Essential fatty acids, Omega 3 and 6, for healthy skin and haircoat, and support of normal tissue function.
- Optimum levels of antioxidants Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Selenium reduce damage from aging and exercise. Also boosts immunity.
- With Equi-Ferm XL® microencapsulated active dry yeast; acts as both a pre-and probiotic, increases total diet digestibility and improves overall gut health.